Subject: Re: 3D game programming
From: Mat Hall <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] (Adams Barnett)
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 1994 17:27:55 -0400 (EDT)

> 
> I need some help I can not figure out how to program an Dungeon Master type of
> game..I do not know how to make it so you are looking through the players
> eyes, and how to move around inside the dungeon, and all that other kind of
> good stuff...can anyone help me?
> 

I started one a while back, but other projects got in my way - I'll see 
if I can dig it up.  I didn't get very far, but 99% of the display 
routines are there.  They're a bit ugly, but they were designed for speed 
not as an example of good coding.  (A feeble excuse, but the only one I 
could come up with at such short notice!:)

And on another subject entirely, I have a few suggestions for if (when) 
the AMOS Pro source becomes PD and someone takes it under their wing...

Get rid of the ridiculous AMOS music format.  The only stuff in that 
format that I've seen has been the things that were on the AMOS disks.  
The ST/NT to AMOS converter bites BAD, and ST support is included in AMOS 
anyway.  (Perhaps this could be changed to PT support?)

Add a Case statement.

Add the following functions to the Mod Player :

   Which Block - return the # of the pattern currently being played
   Which Songlist Entry - return the position in the song "  "
   Which Instrument(channel) - return the # of the instrument playing thru'
                               the channel
   Tempo - make this a function so you can find out the current tempo

Add all the Turbo commands. :)

Improve the serial/parallel commands - AP was an improvement over the 
original, but it still needs work.

Well, that ought to keep someone busy for a while. :)

(Oh, and the Turbo SineScroll demo needs some peculiar math library that 
I can't find anywhere...)